So you were busy doing an assignment at work, you were travelling, weeks went too fast last month, you were sick, made plans with friends, family obligations, creative mind block… whatever is your reason behind you not having thought of something special for your valentine this Valentine’s day, don’t worry Handmade Cards (Find them on Instagram @handmadecards) are here for your rescue and mine, because even I fall into all the above mentioned categories! (Thankfully we are spared from gifting the Valentine ’s Day cards from Archies, flowers, cakes, chocolates and ugh the highly over rated and over priced Red roses!)
There is so much handmade stuff that they do that you will be spoilt for choice! Be it a handmade card, love themed albums, love themed scrapbooks, love themed pin boards, customised wall frames, box full of surprises, exploding boxes, valentine’s boxes, handmade boards, photo on strings … the list goes on and is practically endless because the owner believes that the more you personalize your product, the more you help them understand what you want, throw ideas at them from all over the internet, ask for as many customizations as possible, the better is the result! You just have to do one thing, which is ‘know what you want’ this valentine’s day! If you have an imagination, then they have the ability and the will to not just do it but to surpass your expectations in the process.
Valentine’s day gift idea for Him
I chose a modest ‘Love Themed’ Scrapbook, (though I had thought of something witty and wicked as a theme for my scrapbook earlier where cupid played no role!) and was so pressed for time that I even left the minute detailing of my ‘Love Themed’ Scrapbook entirely in their expert hands (but hey! They left space for me to stick pictures/ photographs! So it’s not like I didn’t do anything at all for my beloved *wink* ), the result was… blimey……have a look at it yourself…I Heart Heart Heart it!
The price range for this kind of scrapbook is anywhere between Rs.1,300/- to Rs.3,500/- depending upon the customization you would like. My scrapbook had 4 leaves and was worth Rs. 1,500/-
DIY Art and Crafts supplies Ideas for Valentine’s day/ Valentine’s day gift idea
I believe personalization and doing things by hand are the key to a lover’s heart. The time devoted in creating something by ourselves is something so non monetary and so rewarding that it can never go out of fashion. The additional perk being nothing says ‘I love you’ like a thing that’s made with your own hands, making it a perfect keepsake, a valentine’s day gift that he/ she will cherish for life.
So this Valentine’s day keep your money-box aside and make something with the most precious thing that you have to invest- your time.
If you would like to make something like a scrapbook shown above all by yourself (pat on your back) then you can do so by simply clicking and ordering on various websites for your art and craft supplies!
Valentine’s day gift idea for her
Boys, did you know you could even make jewellery for her? DIY jewellery making supplies and materials can also be found below, look carefully. A scrapbook and jewellery piece then perhaps? For innovative jewellery piece ideas you can refer to one of my previous posts for inspiration here.
Online sellers for craft and art supplies to help you in your DIY project
- For craft punches, variety of papers, charcoal and graphite, stickers and ribbons, paints, and my favourite resin embellishments look no further than Craft Adda .They even have a specially curated Valentine’s day collection which you can view here for love connector tags, love hope faith circles, winged hearts, strings of pearls and hearts, infinite love pack, heart doily die, love charms,iron motifs, twin heart ribbons… my god the list is massive go check it out yourself!
- For curated DIY kits, fake mulberry leaves, scrapbooking materials, cute wooden buttons, ribbons and twines, wires and threads, stencils, stampers, decoupage papers with themes like English rose, boho chic, dreamcatcher, butterflies, Daisies, rose garden,vintage roses etc, paper cutting and distressing tools and so much more head to Crafters corner who stock all art and craft supplies and craft materials under one roof.
- For blank die cut cards and tags, quilling kits, impressive jewellery making kits, lovely rhinestone stickons and other things can be found on Craft Gully at dirt cheap prices
- If none of the above work for you, then do dial on Justdial (22222222) to be flooded with contacts of your local vendors.
- You can also go check on Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart and Homeshop18.
So, soon I too will be busy with a crafternoon!
Your artsy faffer,